Hearty Mum Soul Soup
Sweet Potato & Ginger Soup
- 1 Brown Onion
- 1 Thumb size piece of fresh Ginger
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic (pending on how much you like Garlic)
- 6 cups of Chicken stock or you could use 3 cups of Chicken bone broth 3 cup of Stock.
- 1.5 Kg of Sweet Potato
- 1 Potato – Only add this if you want extra bulk
- 1 Tablespoon of Red curry paste or powder
- 1 tin of Full Cream Coconut cream (can use normal Cream)
- 1 – 2 Tbs of Olive oil
- Pop oil in soup pot.
- Finely chop Onion & Garlic and add to pot
- Grate Fresh Garlic to the pot.
- Lightly fry until tender (Do not burn)
- Add 6 Cups of stock/Broth & Sweet potato - bring to a boil then simmer on a medium heat for around 30-40minutes.
- Give a wee Mash and let it cool for an hour.
- Add contents to a blender and bend away (may take a few goes pending on blender size.
- Place contents back in pot and add curry Powder/Paste and around a tin of coconut cream (taste to get the right balance)
- Lightly heat back up and serve.
Don’t be afraid to give it to the kids our 7 year old and 12 month old both gave it a good go.